The way we see ourselves and the way others see us is completely different. I did a self examination of myself and found this:
I see myself as:
- Always tired because I am striving to better myself but I don’t know why I am addicted to learning and working.
- Trying to achieve in all areas of my life but falling short.
- Having my finger in every pie and not knowing where my pie is like working three jobs like I’m doing now.
- Looking bad because I stay up late.
- Disorganized because I don’t follow up budgets and avoid difficult situations like asking for money for something I have worked for.
- Needing serious makeover look because of the excess weight.
After doing this examination I then asked some close friends how they see me and this is what they said:
They see me as:
- Always working.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Gives her heart and soul for others.
- A shoulder to cry on and when the going gets tough she will be there.
- Honest, hardworking and trustworthy.
- Having little time to sit and talk and always making excuses to leave.
It’s good to observe ourselves sometimes in order to clear the mind and get rid of issues like, my problem with scattering energy, I need to get off the tread mill and relax a bit to find myself before I continue to accomplish. We should be kinder to ourselves because we are not as bad as we think we are.